Add to Calendar
April 11, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm America/New York Timezone
Pack 142 would like to invite all members to our Spring Hike!
Event Location: Pyramid Mountain, 472 Boonton Avenue, Montville Township, 07045
Dress Requirements: Pack T-Shirt/Layers
Event Details: We will be hiking the Turkey Mountain trails at Pyramid mountain and will get to view the waterfall that is sure to be a highlight of the trip. Our plan is to start the hike at 1pm. So please try to arrive by 12:55pm; we will congregate in the parking lot near the visitor center. Be sure to bring water and snacks, even if you don't need to meet any hiking requirements (see below). The hike is approximately 3 1/4 miles with moderate difficulty (some hills but good trails with solid footing). I pre-hiked the trail in 90 minutes, but with the entire pack I would expect it to be a 2.5-3 hour hike.
Scouts that are working towards their hiking requirement should bring a backpack with the Cub Scout Six Essentials for Hiking. This includes the Tigers, Wolves and Bears.
- First Aid Kit – A kit should include a few adhesive bandages, some moleskin (a sticky bandage that you can put over a blister to keep it from getting worse or rubbing), and a bandage or two.
- Filled Water Bottle – Make sure it is big enough to carry water for you to drink through your whole hike and back. And make sure it is full when you start out! It is not safe to drink water you find along the trail.
- Flashlight – Check your batteries to make sure they have plenty of juice. Your flashlight will be used only in an emergency, so save the batteries for times when you really need them!
- Trail Food – Trail mix or a granola bar provide quick energy when you need it.
- Sun Protection – Sunscreen should be SPF 30 or greater. A hat is good to have, too!
- Whistle – It's only for emergencies, but a whistle will last longer than your voice.
We are looking forward to welcoming some new families and visitors that are interested in finding out more about Pack 142 to our pack meeting! You are welcome to invite any friends and families with boys that are Cub Scout age (grades K-5). Please be sure to RSVP to let us know you are coming and how many guests to expect.
If one or more friends of your Cub Scout join our pack, your Cub Scout and all new friends that they recruit will receive a “My Best Friend is a Scout” patch. Your Cub Scout will also be presented with a “Recruiter” patch.
IMPORTANT: If you have forgotten your TroopTrack login or are not sure how to login and RSVP, please email email@example.com to let us know!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 570-212-2036.