Please join Pack 142 on our Fall Hike!
Event Date: Sunday, November 3, 2019
Event Time: 1:00PM – 3:30PM
Event Location: Hawk Watch at Wildcat Wildlife Preserve
786 Upper Hibernia Road, Rockaway NJ
Dress Requirements: Pack T-Shirt/Layers
We will meet at the trailhead at the address shown above. I'll send out any additional helpful directions closer to the event. The location is known for being a great place to observe hawks at lookout we will hike too, so definitely bring binoculars if you would like. More information on the location can be found HERE
- First Aid Kit – A kit should include a few adhesive bandages, some moleskin (a sticky bandage that you can put over a blister to keep it from getting worse or rubbing), and a bandage or two.
- Filled water bottle Make sure it is big enough to carry water for you to drink through your whole hike and back. And make sure it is full when you start out! It is not safe to drink water you find along the trail.
- Flashlight Check your batteries to make sure they have plenty of juice. Your flashlight will be used only in an emergency, so save the batteries for times when you really need them!
- Trail food Trail mix or a granola bar provide quick energy when you need it.
- Sun Protection Sunscreen should be SPF 30 or greater. A hat is good to have, too!
- Whistle It's only for emergencies, but a whistle will last longer than your voice.
You are welcome to invite any friends and families with boys that are Cub Scout age (grades K-5). Please be sure to RSVP to let us know you are coming and how many guests to expect.